Thursday, July 3, 2008

Virus

I took Owen to the doctor yesterday and once again he has a "virus." When he woke up he felt warm and I took his temperature. It was 101.3. I gave him Tylenol. All he wanted to do was lay around. He did not want to play, he did not want to eat. All he wanted to do was sleep. This is very unusual. I called the doctor. When the doctor saw Owen, his temperature was 103.2. Owen's ears looked good, but his throat looked red. The doctor did a step culture and it came back negative. He took blood for a white cell count and that came back good. He told me it was a virus and to give it time. He said that if Owen was still running a fever in three days, Saturday, to take him back. When we left, I called the asthma doctor. With every virus Owen has he has asthma trouble. That doctor put Owen on Pulmicort twice a day. Pulmicort is a maintenance drug and hopefully it will prevent any asthma trouble Owen may have. I put Owen in the bed with us when I went to bed last night. Knowing that temperature rise at night I wanted to make sure we could keep a close check on him. He had a low fever at 1:00 and so we gave him more Tylenol. When Owen woke up this morning he was feeling much better. He has laughed, danced and today. So far, so good. :)

0 comments: