Monday, July 14, 2008

Pediatricain

Owen and I met a new pediatrician today. I liked her. I went in with a typed page of all of Owen's respiratory "issues" and she listened. She told me that when children are wheezers, like Owen, that they watch them very carefully and that they check their blood oxygen level when they come in with a respiratory related issue. I will still go to Dr. Harper (the asthma doctor) for respiratory trouble, but just the thought that this office is closer and that they will check his blood ox when we go in is comforting.
There are 6 actual doctors in the office. The practice we were in only had 2 doctors and a bunch of nurse practitioners. Not that the nurses weren't good, because they were, I also like the fact that when we go in we will see a doctor. They do not have Saturday hours, but are starting to extend their hours due to growth and she said that Saturday's are something they have been talking about. Their last appointment is at 4, but they will see a sick child after that if they cannot get him/her in before.
I filled out the paperwork to have Owen's records sent over and hope I am making a good decision. Austin said that it didn't matter to him who Owen saw, just so he received treatment if he was sick. Our first scheduled appointment is Oct. 28th for his 2 year well baby exam.

0 comments: