Thursday, July 31, 2008

VENT

I have to VENT!!!! I went to see an ENT last week (see previous post). Before I left the office the doctor told me that I would be receiving a phone call from them Monday. I asked if I were to call him, just to clarify, and he said that they would "track me down." So, I took that as a no and that somebody from his office would call me Monday. Monday came and Monday went and nobody called. I called them Tuesday and left a message. Somebody called me back Tuesday after the doctor left. She apologized and told me that she would pull my chart and that I would get called Wednesday. Wednesday came and Wednesday went and nobody called. I called this morning. When the lady called me back she wanted to know why I was calling. I told her that I did not receive a phone call yesterday and wanted to touch base to find out what would happen next. She told me she would, again, pull my chart and call me back. She did twice. The first time was to find out my symptoms and I told her and the second time was to tell me that the doctor wanted to see me today.
I made arrangements for my sister to watch Owen and went to the doctor's office in Moncks Corner. His office is located in a small hospital. The reception area is a larger sized waiting room and it is for many doctors. When I went to the desk the receptionist/clerk told me that my doctor was not in that office today, that he was in his downtown Charleston office. She called that office. I spoke to somebody on the phone who told me that if I could not be downtown at that moment then the doctor could not see me today because he had a meeting. It's a long drive from Moncks Corner to the city of Charleston. So, I now have an appointment for Monday at 11:45 and whoever I talked to told me to expect to wait because if people walked in he would have to see them. Why make an appoinment if I will have to wait on the other people who had to be fit in? I know they wish I would just go away, but I wish this ringing in my ear would go away too.
I cried when I left the office. I am so frusterated and I just want somebody to find out what is wrong with my ear and fix it. I stopped by my doctor's office on the way home to ask for a referral to a different doctor and of course, the woman who does referrals is out until Monday. I came home and called the insurance company and with my plan I have to have a referral from my PCP.
Austin told me to look on the bright side... at least the ringing is not in both ears.

0 comments: