Monday, February 16, 2009

Being Deceptive



I have been having an extremely difficult time getting Owen to eat his veggies lately. Austin and I have resorted to bribery but know that we cannot bribe Owen at every meal he sits down to. My mom bought me the cookbook Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld and I thought I would give it a try. First, it is a wonderful resource even if you are not planning on "hiding" vegetables in your foods. There is a section on just equipping your kitchen, stocking your pantry and the how-to's of pureeing vegetables and fruits. The book gives an easy to understand nutritional guide for children and tells what is exactly in specific vegetables and fruits. It also states which veggies are fruits are better for you than others. The recipes look really good and easy. I made chocolate chip cupcakes tonight. :) We'll soon see how Austin and Owen like the Deceptively Delicious meals.

1 comments:

Casey said...

I have thought about getting this book many times. Let me know how Owen (and Austin) like it!